Living in a college town, “Back to School” season triggers a longing to devote time to learning and growing, no matter our calendar age. I’ve got a fresh set of workshops lined up to help you get started and stay motivated as you do the important, satisfying, creative work of writing about your life or that of your ancestors.
Visit my website for more details about the events listed below.
Here’s what’s local in Madison, Wisconsin:
“First Monday, First Person” salon
Share and critique writing in the first person with like-minded people. Listeners welcome as well as readers. Free, Goodman South Madison Branch Library, next salon October 3, 6-7:45pm.
Guided Autobiography at Capitol Lakes Retirement Community,
- Do you want better health? Fewer doctor visits, better ability to manage stress?
- Are you facing a big decision? Want better clarity about what would fit the “real you”?
- Would you like to feel part of a community Where deep thoughts and beliefs are discussed in an appreciative, nonjudgmental atmosphere?
Then try Guided Autobiography!
- Free preview August 30, 10-11:30am.
- 10-Week Workshop 9:30-11:30am Tuesdays, starts September 20.
Write Family History Others Will Want to Read
- Madison Central Library, bi-weekly 5-session workshop, Tuesdays evenings, 6:30-8:30 pm, starts September 20
- Fitchburg Library, weekly 3-session workshop, Friday mornings, 10:30-12:30, starts October 7
And if you’re looking for an online class:
Write Your Way to Better Attitudes about Money (5-week workshop)
Designed for personal historians; open to other solo entrepreneurs. Thursday evenings, 7:00-8:30pm, starts November 3.
Okay, like I said, details are on the First Person Productions “Upcoming Events” page. I hope to see you in class this fall!
~ Sarah White